Back in March, I tried ice dyeing for the first time. It turned out great, so I finally got around to doing some more.
The ice was flat on one side and curved on the other. You can see where it was sitting, preventing the dye from reaching the fabric. I guess if the rounded side was up, the dye would run off the curve to both sides.
Then I did two of Steve’s shirts. One was a yellow polo shirt and the other was a white long sleeve T-shirt. These were only left in the dye until the ice melted, which was about 6 hours. I was a bit disappointed that the colors were a little weak (As you can see, I put a lot of dye!)